Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Alfredo's Restaurant-Pecos, Texas

The camphost at Tra Park recommended we eat at Alfredo's Restaurant and since Alfredo's also advertises in the park's booklet we figured we'd give it a try. Oh, boy, are we ever glad we did. I got to say it is probably one of the top 3 Mexican restaurants I've ever eaten in...yes, that good!

The outside is humble looking, but it is clean.

The chunky salsa had medium heat and was homemade with the chips served nice and warm. The menu had great combination selections, more expensive specialities like fajitas, but also American foods like hamburgers and shrimp. A little bit for everyone's taste.

We all ordered pretty much the same thing - 2B - which contained 2 cheese enchilada with a terrific red sauce, 1 beef taco and 1 chile rellano, along with rice and beans. All that for only $6.95. Oh, my goodness, was it wonderful. I usually don't like red sauce because it is bitter to my taste. But this red sauce was mild and full of tangy flavor. The chile rellano were perfect with a traditional meringue coating. Even the rice had good flavor, which you don't usually find. All in all it was an excellent meal. For dessert we had two orders of sopapillas which are kind of like a square donut without a hole. They were served with cinnamon sugar and honey and butter you could add. Our server named Easter (because she was born on Easter day) was friendly and attentive and had a great smile.

The food was so good we came back again tonight. Art was again on duty behind the register and remember us, so pretty soon we were delivered a plate of refried beans appetizers. Yummo-o-o.


So if you are ever in Pecos, Texas, definitely stop by Alfredo's Restaurant, at 1002 South Cedar Street. You will be happy you did!

1 comment:

  1. Hi-
    Yes, Alfredo's in Pecos is wonderful!! I had the privilege of having dinner there with a friend on Saturday night, March 27, 2010 after having sought to eat there since January 2006 when I first heard about it!!

    A bad spatial deficit prevents me from using the highway, so my buddy Robert Edward Lee Allen (1980- ), named for the Commander of the Confederacy, left his apartment in Huntsville, Texas, picked me up at home in McKinney, TX & we left for lunch at Harold's BBQ in Abilene & dinner at Alfredo's in Pecos; Rob had the beef fajita quesadillas that he really liked & I had the red-sauce beef enchilada plate that I really liked!! Then we left for Hobbs, NM b/c Rob had never been to the State of New Mexico then we checked in to the Super 8 Motel in Lubbock**
    Then Rob drove me home to McKinney & he drove himself home to his Huntsville, TX apartment for a record 1,556 miles driven by himself in 40 hours in his dark blue 2003 Jaguar S-Type!! The Jaguar went to the auto graveyard after that & now Rob drives either a 2000 Ford Taurus or a 2000 Mercury Tracer...last he & I spoke he was debating which to buy off the used car lot in Huntsville.
    (I'm a proud graduate of Texas Tech B.S. Human Dev. & Fam. Studies. Rob is a proud graduate of Abilene Christian University B.S. in Industrial Technology. I met Rob at ACU while majoring in History. ACU was too expensive so I transferred to the University of the Ozarks in AR for 1 semester than transferred to my beloved
    Texas Tech & graduated after 3 amazing years there!! Before ACU I went to Hardin-Simmons in Abilene which was good but too small. ACU had some good parts but was just too much money!!)

    Thanks & Keep Up The Good Work!!

    Chris Nott

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.