Saturday, February 22, 2014

Green Shit

No, I’m not cussing…that’s the name of a concoction a group of folks made yesterday morning.  You take a whole bunch of jalapenos, some serrano peppers, add some onion and garlic and run it through a food processor to grind up.  Then you put that mixture in sterilized jars and add a cup of white vinegar and a teaspoon of salt…cap it and let it mature and you have Green Shit. 

This condiment is present at most potlucks at Betty’s RV Park and as of yesterday, it is in everybody’s RV cabinet. 

DSCN2407 

We went to the Mardi Gras parade in New Iberia last night, but I can’t write about it now as I have to get ready to drive to Eunice to visit the Savoy Music Store and listen to Cajun music. 

See you again tomorrow and maybe if I write up two blog posts and get caught up again.

Remember, you are loved.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Depends on how hot your jalapenos are. The "female" jalapenos (rounded bottom) are hotter than the "male" jalapenos (pointed and curved to the side).

      Delete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.