Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Back to Palomas

Yesterday, Wednesday, we drove back down to Palomas so I could have my lower denture relined.  We’d originally had our dentures relined 4 years ago in Algodones, Mexico for $60 which was a far cry from the $700 our dentist in Colorado wanted.

I’d picked up an ad for the Family Dentistry in Palomsa while at Alotta Gelato yesterday in Silver City and since I didn’t have any other recommendation, I gave it a shot.  No appointment necessary, just walked in.  “Yes, ma’am I can do that for you for $40.”  Well, mix up that impression gunk and let’s go then.

About an hour later out we went to The Pink Store for lunch….well, I had to try out the new choppers didn’t I?  Lunch was great, as always, and after a few more purchases I went back to Dr. Felipe Salazar for a couple of filing adjustments.

By 1:50 p.m. we were back to the park and I joined the Craft and Chat group for a little female interaction and companionship.  There were five of us doing all sorts of crafts…crochet, me knitting, embroidery and one lady was weaving a pine needle basket.  Except for me the other four ladies live here fulltime, so they were a good source of local stores that I’m going to check out.  One being a craft mall where one of the ladies displays her creations…crocheted critters. There’s a crocheted frog I have my eye on for our great-granddaughter.  I’ll let you know.

I had a little spot on my denture creating a sore stop on my tongue, so I filed it down with a nail file.  Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Remember, you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.