Thursday, January 1, 2015

Off Gate-Back in the Yard

Monday night Mollie and Art messaged us that they were a few hours away, so Jim started putting things away in preparation to leave Tuesday.  They arrived about 7 p.m., retrieved their motorhome from the ranch and set up behind us to share the generator’s power.  Having driven non-stop from Montana to outrun the oncoming storm, they certainly earned a good night’s sleep.  Tuesday morning they drove to Pleasanton to shop and then to pick up their St. Bernard from the local vet’s kennel. 

By noon Jim slowing pulled out as Mollie drove their motorhome in our spot. I continued to track the traffic and quickly handed the iPad to Art and hurriedly jumped into the truck as we drove off waving goodbye. Here is a photo I took of a tree across from where we were parked.  I think it came out pretty well.  The huge security light provides the light on that right side of the photo.

DSCN4934 

 

We continued on to Whitsett and got set up in the Gate Guard Services yard. About 4 p.m. we drove over to Kenedy and visited Jim and Linda Mossman at their gate.

We went to bed about 10 p.m. and I ended up sleeping for 13 straight hours, waking at NOON….NOON….I’ve never before, slept till noon in my entire life!!!  Guess my getting five and six hours a sleep for the last three weeks wasn’t enough though I woke up on my own after that much sleep.

More later.  Remember, you are loved.

1 comment:

  1. You deserve to sleep until noon! Happy New Year and miss you both! Ann

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.