Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas 2014-Tilden, Texas

Christmas Eve was busy at the gate, which surprised me.  I thought they’d slow down for the holiday…but no. It was the busiest night I’ve had here.  It was chilly so I was sitting inside but got called outside about every 8-10 minutes.  My thighs are getting very toned with all this standup and sit down all night.

Christmas afternoon one of the ranch owners brought us some of their Christmas dinner.

1225141510_resized

We had planned on roasting a turkey breast, but put it aside when the owner said he was bringing us dinner.  We got ham, black-eyed peas, fried catfish and chicken livers, pecan and lemon pie, and….and…quail. In fact, two containers of quail.

1225141514_resized 1225141531_resized (1)
That’s half a quail

They were so small I couldn’t eat them …. Jim tasted them and said they were good, but this just wasn’t Christmas dinner for me.  We went ahead and roasted our turkey breast and side dishes.

DSCN4940-001

Separately Jim and I drove about six miles towards Tilden and found a tower where we got three bars on our phone so we called family and friends with Christmas wishes.

One well has been drilled and they skidded the rigging and are drilling the second well now.  Holiday or not, drilling goes on. 

Remember, you are loved.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Christmas in the oil patch is agreeing with you. Stay warm & Safe out there. Have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.