Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year’s Eve

As I said in our last post, both Jim and I slept in getting 13 hours of sleep each….me not waking up till noon!!!  To feel a little productive, we drove to Pleasanton to shop at H.E.B. for our New Year’s Eve dinner.

See……when I young our Slavic family tradition was to eat the humblest meal in the hopes that the coming year would provide better meals and prosperity.  Our humblest meal was dark lentil soup and day-old pumpernickel bread.  So when Jim and I married I continued that tradition although our version of the humblest meal was pinto beans and corn bread. 

Well, life continued on without much improvement or positive change, so I figured a change in the tradition was called for.  So one year I served steak and lobster for Jim and king crab legs for me, usually with a baked potato and a salad. I’m a big believer in the Law of Attraction…what you put out comes back to you.  So if you start your year with the best meal you can afford, then the rest of your year will bring you the same….the best possible. Well, things during that year got better, more prosperous, more pleasant and cheerful. 

So from then on we’ve had the same “top shelf” meal expecting the Universe to bring us the best, and the Universe has responded in kind.  We are fulltime RVers on the road going on eight years….that is the best for us.

So when we went to H.E.B. we bought a rib eye steak and two lobsters for Jim and two king crab legs for me.  We really enjoyed the quality of these H.E.B. products; so good.

DSCN4941

We watched a bit of the New Year’s Eve celebrations on TV, but we’re not too into the popular music of today, but we really enjoyed Michael Feinstein’s show and listening to the classics.

We seldom stay up to midnight but went to bed happy nonetheless.  Happy New Year to each of our blog readers.  May this year reflect back to you what you send out to the Universe.  Think positively.

Remember, you are loved.
Read the story behind this saying HERE

3 comments:

  1. Love that tradition change! All the best in 2015. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read your blog before, but believe me I will be reading it from now on, really enjoyable.Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A change of tradition like that sounds logical to me so I guess we'll have to try it.
    Kathy and I would like to wish you both a Safe and Happy New Year.
    Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.