Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day Full of Friends

I had a whirlwind of activities last Friday, seeing several of my friends for the last time this summer.

CIMG4923

 

Started out at 8:30 a.m. with breakfast at the East-West Grill with my buddy, Lory

 


Then I had time to go visit my little lady, Naomi, in the nursing home for my last visit till next May.  I wheeled her outside so she could get some sunshine on her back…which she loves.

Naomi Jul 2010

CIMG4927 Then I went to get my haircut with Leola at Corner Curl. Her husband built this little house on their property for her to house her beauty shop.

 

CIMG4928

 

The flowers are beautiful

CIMG4931

I got a big laugh when Leola told me she had a new customer coming in after me; “but I scheduled her a good bit after you because as a new customer I didn’t want her to think I cut everyone’s hair like I do you!”  Oh, she apologized as she thought she offended me, but I just got a big kick out of what she said…I know my hairdo is weird…just matches my personality…weird!

Then it was time to have a late lunch with my friend and former boss at the high school library, Nora, and her granddaughter, Erica. I’ve known Erica since she was about 9 years old; she lives in Nashville, but is attending Adams State College here in Alamosa. We went to the Rialto Bistro, a favorite of ours.

CIMG4936
That’s Giuseppe, the mascot
CIMG4933
The two darlings
CIMG4934
We ate appetizers so we could have dessert
CIMG4935
Yes, it was all your, Nora.I had the tiramisu

Salai-libraryThen my friend and co-worker at the public library, Salai, came over for a last visit.  She lives in a house she built herself and loves her “critters”…1 horse, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 3 angora rabbits, 2 alpaca, 2 llama, 1 Shetland sheep, and 35 chickens. She combs her angora rabbits then “cards” the hair, she spins the hair into yarn, dyes it and then knits using the yarn.  I admire the heck out of her….a real pioneer woman!

CIMG4942

To end our day Rich and Terri drove down from South Fork to have our last dinner together at El Charro, a Mexican restaurant that has been around since 1936, and one Jim has been eating at since he was a little boy….the recipes taste the same today as they did then.

Wooooo, it has been a busy day, but one full of friends, sharing love and good food. What can be better!!!!!

Remember, you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.