Saturday, November 7, 2009

Is it worth......

I've got a new way in deciding to buy something or not. Is it worth an hour working at amazon.com? Last Wednesday when we got up and were trying to decide what to have for "dinner" Jim suggested going to KFC. I said "no" their food wasn't worth an hour of working at amazon.com. Then Thursday we saw a Pizza Hut ad for any size, any topping, any type of pizza for $10 - now that WAS worth an hour on my feet at amazon.com. It is surprising how many things I haven't bought based on this philosophy.

I had another "ah ha" moment when I was cooking pasta and almost made it mush because I was cooking it too long. Did you know water comes to a boil faster in lower altitude than a high altitude....of course, you do! I've lived in Colorado for 29 years at 7,544 feet and got use to putting water on to boil a good 20-30 minutes before you needed it because it took that long for it to come to a boil. Then I wake up in Coffeyville, Kansas, at 738 feet elevation and water boils in mere seconds! I don't have to add 1/2 cup of flour to a cookie or cake recipe or reduce the yeast in rolls so they rise too fast.

I woke this morning to a delightful smell! Jim was making beignet from a mix Lesle bought when in New Orleans. Oh, what a wonderful creation that is!!!! Better than donuts by far.

Yesterday was laundry and lazy day...did laundry just so I didn't feel completely out of it. Today is shopping and happy hour with the Dengates and Thomas-Borger.

Remember, you are loved.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Jim, those look yummy! Save one for us. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Beanie-Wienies look great and so the the beignets! And you look like Rosie the Riveter in your headband and gear...which is a compliment, because she looks pretty good! :) HUGS! M&B

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.