Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Doing Better

It sure was hard to send Jim off to work yesterday as I decided to call in sick for work. I took my Sudafed and watched Dancing with the Stars, trying to stay up as long as possible to maintain our waking hours. I finally went to bed at midnight, got up and chatted with Jim at 5:30 am, took more Sudafed and then went back to sleep till noon. So I'm on schedule again.

That Sudafed is working well for me and I feel much better. My voice is normal and I even put on some makeup today. I made a nice pot of split pea soup yesterday, so we'll have that for dinner today and take sandwiches for "lunch" at 10 pm.

Jim came home with the news that we are working five days this week. So we'll work Thursday. "They" said it is only for this week, but we'll see. Working Thursday will give me back hours I missed being sick, but we won't stay if "they" impose mandatory five day weeks.

It's been very humid and the rigs are all "sweating" from the moisture. High today is 40 and overcast...most unpleasant. We are running the electric heater non-stop.

Remember, you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to read that you are doing better. Hang in there, you can do it. That split pea soup sounds good. My aunt use to make a yellow split pea soup that was very good. Somehow green soup has never appealed to me but I could eat the yellow split pea soup with no problems.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.