Saturday, April 26, 2014

Went to a Play

Last night we attended a play at local Adams State University.  It was S. E. Hinton’s “Outsiders”, the coming-of-age story of two socially different gangs and their interaction.

The play was a fundraiser for the local Boys and Girls Club and this was the opening night.  The hors d'oeuvres and wine before the play was very, very nice.  We saw a lot of people we knew but haven’t seen since we arrived this spring.  That was fun.

The play was well done and we certainly enjoyed it.  I especially enjoyed the use of a cellist to create the joy or tension in the scenes. 

Jim was off this morning to Pueblo to pick up a boat trailer for his brothers. He left at 5 a.m. and it sure was strange to wake up without him in the rig.  So I have a Saturday to myself.  I think I’ll go to the Milagros's, the local coffee house, order a latte and read the book club’s next selection (Life Boat by Charlotte Rogan).  I like doing that.

We have some leftover cheese that Dan and Merlene brought over earlier this week.  I think I’ll make some mac and cheese for dinner using that cheese and some of the ham from Easter dinner.  Yum, that sounds good.

Hope you have plans that make you look forward to another day.

Remember, you are loved.
Click HERE to read the story behind this saying

2 comments:

  1. I love your cover photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you. Mt. Blanca is a beautiful sight to see every day here in Alamosa.

      Delete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.