Wednesday, August 18, 2010

zappos.com

A few weeks ago I saw a story about the CEO of zappos.com and really liked what I saw about Tony Hsieh, his business philosophy, how the company treats their employees, his emphasis on customer care and the zany way he runs the business. In fact as part of his ten Codes of Conduct is #3 - Create Fun and A Little Weirdness.  I love that!!!!!  Plus I like their TV ads, which are actual recorded customer service calls displayed as animated puppets….very clever.

So when I decided to buy a new pair of sneakers yesterday to wear at amazon.com’s fulfillment center, I went to zappos.com .  I couldn’t find Easy Spirit Girlpowers shoes that Carolyn Trout had turned me on to last year, so I called zappos.com customer service to see if they still carried them.

I bought these Girlpowers last year and they worked out great, so I wanted to buy another pair.

Girlpower

Unfortunately, zappos.com doesn’t carry these any more.  Their customers service rep, Brook, suggested Easy Spirit Getupandgo, which Carolyn Trout also recommended last year.

Unlike most internet stores, zappos.com ships everything free of charge, so the price you see is the total price.  I really like that. In my conversation with Brook she mentioned that the night before the company had their annual vendor party and how much fun they all had and how good the company was to their employees.  She said Tony is as nice as he appeared on the interview I had seen and that he was a very humble person. 

Anyway, it was a very good buying experience and I would highly recommend them to all of you.  I definitely will buy from zappos.com again.

Remember, you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.