Saturday, August 7, 2010

Camper’s Chicken Recipe

While I was walking through the campground last night, a delightful scent came across my nose….hummmmm, someone is cooking something wonderful.  I followed the scent and asked the camper what wonderful thing they were cooking.

CIMG4704

Vickie introduced me to her version of Cracker Barrel's grilled chicken.  She starts with boneless, skinless chicken breasts that she chunks up and marinates in  half bottle of any Italian salad dressing and a little bit of olive oil for a little while. 

CIMG4705

Next Vickie cooks the chicken and marinade in a frying pan until all the liquid evaporates and the chicken begins to brown up.

 

 

CIMG4708
Vickie says the finished product tastes very close to the Cracker Barrel’s grilled chicken that she likes so much.  The piece she gave me to taste sure was good and it will definitely be a part of my cooking in the future.

Vickie and her family have camped with us in Big Meadows in years past, and this year spent a few days with us in Park Creek. I had a lot of fun kidding with their grandkids as they rode their bikes around the campground using the large rocks as ramps to go airborne. 

CIMG4707 They are a very nice family and we certainly enjoyed having them spend time with us.

Remember, you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.