Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter 2015

We woke up early and went to sunrise service at the Sun Bowl.  We got there about 6:20 a.m. as we didn’t know how many people would be attending.  It was pretty scarce….. but this shot gives you an idea of the grassed terraced levels from the top of the hill down to the band shell.  It is very pretty.

DSCN5448

but by 7 a.m. it was filled out….

DSCN5449

The service was put on by the United Church of Christ congregation….it was very fine…..we may have to check out this church next Sunday.

After the service we went to Golden Corral for breakfast.  It was decent and we enjoyed it.

Soon after we got home Janette next door came over with some of her Frito pie….we tasted a little and oh, my, it was delicious.  I immediately phoned her with our compliments and begging for the recipe.  Yes, it was that good.

I had planned to make our usual big Easter dinner of ham, scalloped potatoes and asparagus and green bean casserole just for us, but, alas, we are both too full.  Guess it will be Day After Easter Dinner!!!

Remember, you are loved.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like a great Easter Sunday service location, how nice to be outdoors. I actually get exhausted just thinking about how much you two socialize, but had to laugh about you opening up the garage and playing loud music :D. You really are a fun blog to read. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Maura, thanks so much for your kind remarks. I marvel also on how much we have entertained our friends who are in the area. But it has been wonderful fun and I cherish all our friendships. Glad you enjoy my ramblings .... I just write as if I'm visiting with someone.

      Delete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.