Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Camping Friends

We’ve had a bit of a reunion with a couple of families that use to camp with us when we were camphosting up here in South Fork.

Landi, Richard and son Nathaniel have become real good friends of ours through the years.  We’ve visited them in their house in Texas as we’ve driven through, so it was nice to hear from them on Friday that they were coming into town.  On Tuesday, while Jim joined the men fishing at Big Meadows, Landi and I went to breakfast at Old Firehouse.

DSCN4101

We shared an omelet with cheese, tomato, onions and avocado.  Then we had them cut one of their homemade cinnamon rolls and grill it on the flattop…oh, my, bliss!!!

 

When we finished I went over to Rich and Terri’s campground and did five loads of laundry.  After two weeks I was down to one set of clothes left to wear, so it was time.  After two hours it was all done for another two weeks. 

But then I started to feel ill…..cold sweats, nausea, dizzy….and then the trots began.  So I hightailed it home and put myself to bed.  Stayed there all day reading magazines I borrowed from Terri’s (I love All You magazine but don’t get to read it much on the road), oh, yes, and visiting the toilet.  Thankfully it was only a one day deal and I was fine the next day. Neither Landi nor Jim got sick so I don’t where I picked up that bug.

Lesa and Terry are from Texas and come up here every year on vacation.  Terry likes to fish in Big Meadows but like the trees and solitude of Park Creek Campground. We’ve stayed in touch with each other through emails and Facebook. Lesa had messaged me that they were coming up Saturday, so we stopped and saw them at Park Creek Sunday and made arrangements to have lunch together Wednesday.

Since the Old Firehouse just opened up here in June we took them there.  They liked it a lot.

DSCN4103
The men had the burgers with onion rings. Good burgers.
DSCN4102
I had their chicken salad with cranberries, celery and walnuts on greens.
DSCN4104
Lesa also had the burger (but had it wrapped in lettuce leaves forgoing the bun) and fresh chips

The meal was very good but the company and conversation even better.  We’ll see them again before they leave this weekend.

DSCN4106

This afternoon we are having Landi, Richard and Nathaniel over for a rib dinner.  Nathaniel really, really likes the way Jim makes his ribs, so every time they are here we like to fix ribs for him.  I’ll show you pictures tomorrow.  Oh, and I made Honey Cinnamon Bars for dessert….doesn’t that make your mouth water?  ha-ha

Remember, you are loved.
Read the story behind this saying HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.