It had been eight days since we last dumped, so yesterday we buttoned up the rig to prepare to drive down to Rich and Terri’s campground and dump.
I have a mental six point checklist I go through inside to make the RV ready to move.
- Close the bedroom closet and put the pin in the track so the doors don’t slide open.
- Make sure the batwing is in the down and closed position.
- Lock down the sliding door between the bedroom and the living area.
- Put bungee cords around the cabinet knobs and pull up the railings in the refrigerator so things don’t spill out.
- Put the pin in front of the moveable pantry track.
- Tie down the TV.
Well I got through step four and then got interrupted or something and I never completed steps five and six.
I pulled in the slides, we hitched up and off we went to dump. It’s an eight mile drive to the South Fork Campground and eight miles back. The road into Highway Springs Campground, where we are staying, has been eroded a lot by the summer rains and it is bumpy and steep.
Imagine my surprise when I went inside to open the slides and I see the pantry door open and the rack full of food completely extended out into the living area . I immediately knew what I had done. My mouth flew open and I looked up at the TV and….and….and there it stood proud and sure…completely safe sitting upright. Nothing had happened to it. Can I hear “minor miracle”?
Yes, I fessed up to Jim and being the darling that he is, he just smiled and said “I’ll be darn”. All’s well that ends well.
Remember, you are loved.