Monday, April 18, 2011

Knitting

We have been having a lot of wind storms in this area the last couple of weeks.  Makes me want to just stay inside…what to do? Knit, of course!

Jim’s boss at amazon.com recently had a baby so I thought I’d whip up a knitted gift for him.  They named him Herschel, but are going to call him “Tractor”. They showed a photo of him in a sweatshirt with a tractor on it. So I thought I’d carry out the “John Deere” theme.  CIMG7380

I had to be silly, of course, so I put the outfit on Chorizo for a funny photo…love the booties on him!

CIMG7385               CIMG7384

There are a lot of deer roaming all through the town.  Any time of day you can see three or four deer walking down any street in town or sitting on someone’s front lawn.  Yesterday morning four deer walked close to us.

CIMG7383

We drove up to South Fork yesterday and stopped to visit with our buddies, Rich and Terri Deacon, at the campground they manage.  They just moved up there so they are in the midst of cleaning up and going through a whole winter’s worth of mail.  After our visit Jim and I drove to five of our campgrounds to check them out.  They all looked in pretty good condition and it doesn’t look like we’ll have much of a clean-up job to be ready to open.

We’ll probably move up to Rich and Terri’s campground this week just for a change of scenery and to be close to friends.  Jim will be able to get in some quality fishing before we go to work.

Remember, you are loved. 

2 comments:

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.