Sunday, April 3, 2011

Doing nothing…..

I know it’s been a while since I posted on here, but there just isn’t much to blog about.

Wake up, make coffee, get online, have breakfast, go to the library, do errands, see Naomi at nursing home, have lunch, watch TV or read on my Kindle, make dinner, watch TV and go to bed.  Real interesting isn’t it???

I’ve met with some of my friends and left messages for the others. We’ve driven around town and saw all the changes, businesses that closed, new businesses that opened, not many in a town of 8,000 but enough to notice. 

Went to the library and took out a ton of magazines and books on vegetarianism…yes, I’m giving up meat and chicken.  I’m doing it gradually and am down to eating meat twice a week.  I ordered four books/cookbooks from amazon.com and am glad to be stationery for a while so I can have them sent to me via General Delivery. I joined our local food-coop which sells health food and products in bulk. I asked lots of questions. Glad to find a place that sells tempeh.  I also was happily surprised to find so many vegetarian selections at our local grocery stores, especially Morning Star “barbeque riblets” Want to send a shout out to Nanc, Norah, Linda B and Linda S for all your helpful advice and for being “available” to me to ask question.

We did drive up to South Fork yesterday where we camphost every summer.  We checked out four of the seven national forest campgrounds we supervise.  Although we are here a month earlier than normal, there wasn’t much snow in the campgrounds.  So we will be able to open up on time, May 20th.

Weather has been crazy! It’s normally windy in March and April here, but the velocity is never this much.  Yesterday and last night was terrible.  Weather Channel said winds were 35 MPH with gusts of 50 MPH.  It sure was rocking this rig this morning.

Weather-wise Denver is really having crazy weather.  Yesterday they broke a record high at 84 degrees and today they are expecting 2-4 inches of snow!!!!! Isn’t that insane?

We all need the moisture though.  It has been so dry, less snow this winter.  There are so many grass fires.  On last night’s news they reported six separate wild fires around Denver.  On the way home from our drive to South Fork yesterday, we saw a large grass fire in Monte Vista, the town west of Alamosa.

CIMG7338 CIMG7341
CIMG7339 CIMG7342

Wow, wind just stopped….that’s eerie! Almost like waiting for the other shoe to drop…what’s next?

Remember, you are loved.

1 comment:

  1. Having been full time since 2004, it took me a while to realize. Do nothing is doing something and it is not as easy as one would think.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.