Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Swiffer Cover

A while back Linda M. and I were shopping at Walmart and she went to get some Swiffer disposable cleaning sheets.  Wow, the price was $6.99 for 6!!! That is getting pretty expensive. So I told Linda I had a pattern for a knitted Swiffer cover that she could dip in water with a little cleaner in it  and use to wash her floors.  Then she could unbutton the cover and throw it in the wash and use the next week.  You can also use the Swiffer Cover to dust wood or linoleum floors.

So this week I knitted up a cover for her.  I made it from washable wool which glides very easily across the floor and will hold up better than using acrylic yarn.  The photos don’t show the color well, but knowing me you gotta know it’s purple and red!!!

CIMG7129 CIMG7130
CIMG7131 CIMG7132
CIMG7133 CIMG7135

So, how do you like it? Better than putting more disposable stuff in the land fill.  When I gave it to Linda M. she immediately used it dry on her kitchen wood floor and it picked up a lot of stuff.  She was happy and that’s what it is all about, isn’t it?

Remember, you are loved.

4 comments:

  1. So when are you going to start selling these? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I barely know how to knit anything, but do ya think I could make one? If so, do you have a pattern? If not, I second Donna!! When ya gonna sell them???? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true that necessity is the father of invention. Way to go! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.