Saturday, March 26, 2011

Amarillo, Texas

Made it to Amarillo in six hours, so that is pretty good.  We are staying as Passport America members at Amarillo Ranch RV Park right off I-40.  It’s a very, very nice RV park with a lot of amenities like indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, etc.  Pretty fancy.

Had an early dinner at Golden Corral.  I got to stop eating there - or at any buffet.  Luckily it was Friday and also being Lent there was a lot of fish and good selection of vegetables.  I just eat too much at buffet.

We needed to go get milk after dinner, so we were happy to hear a neighbor diner mention that Braum’s had the best milk.  Excitedly, we asked where was the closest Braum’s store.  We were introduced to Braum’s while in Coffeyville, Kansas, working for amazon.com.  They have their own dairies, farms, ranches, stores, bakeries, processing plants and delivery trucks.  They are the only ice cream producers who milk their own cows!  Because there isn’t any middle man their prices are very low.  All their 270 stores are within 300 miles from their dairy in Tuttle, Oklahoma. 

I don’t know what they feed their cows but their milk products taste soooo good!  It’s like I remember milk tasting when I was a kid.  Jim and I both drank the milk when we got home and both remarked the 2% tasted almost like cream!  We happily bought their cheese, dips, butter and milk.  If you ever come across a Braum’s in your travels, do yourself a favor and stop by and stock up.

The RV park has free cable so we have like 72 stations to watch tonight.  So I think I’ll sit back watch a little telly and knit up another Swiffer Cover.

Remember, you are loved.

1 comment:

  1. We love Braum's Chocolate Heath Bar Mixes. They are sooooo good. Enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.