Friday, March 25, 2011

Interesting e-Book article

I keep track of e-Book deals on Kindle Nation Daily.  I get an email every day with e-books on sale for a short period of time.  So I get a normally priced e-book for 99 cents to $2.99 instead of $7.99 to $12.99.

The other day there was a very interesting article entitled Some Bestselling Kindle Authors Weigh In on the Kindle Revolution: Barry Eisler, Joe Konrath, Amanda Hocking, and John Locke.  Barry Eisler turned down a two book, half-million dollar St. Martin’s Press deal in order to publish directly himself via Kindle.  The article talks about the changes in publishing being required now because of the popularity of e-books.  I found it fascinating reading.

I highly recommend you read this article if you are intrigued, as I am, about e-books as the new way of being published.

Remember, you are loved.

1 comment:

  1. I love the .99 phenomenon. I find that often it's the first book in a series and I will pay full price (if it's reasonable) for the rest of the series. Smart marketing...

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.