Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day with the family-Santa Fe, NM

We spent a wonderful day with our family in Santa Fe.  We started with breakfast at Beth’s with the leftover quiche and strawberries. 

She also made us a delicious smoothie that gave me so much energy, I was really surprised!  The ingredients sound weird together, but tasted great.  In the blender she put a cup of kale, a carrot, a few strawberries, a handful of blueberries, and a banana with cold water and gave it a whirl.  OMG, all the fruits masked the taste of the kale and it was actually sweet.  About 10 minutes later I got such a surge of energy….like nothing I have felt before.  Beth said she found you can combine any two vegetables and three fruits and get the same natural “kick” of energy.  Sometimes she adds an egg to make it frothy or yogurt for more body.  I do make my own yogurt for about 84 cents per quart…now I think I may be buying a blender to chew up kale and carrots to make energizing smoothies.

We went grocery shopping for dinner then went back to our rig to make potato salad and cole slaw.  Going to Christine’s house we watched the movie “Mask” while Jim grilled chicken.  The daughters reminded me that I brought them to the theatre to see Mask back in 1985. That brought up lots of memories of their growing up years that were fun to recall.

We are moving over to a nearby Corp of Engineer for a couple of days.  This will give Beth a change of scenery for a while and time to relax. We will then continue on our travels to Colorado.

Remember, you are loved.

1 comment:

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.