Thursday, December 23, 2010

Jackson, Mississippi

(I still spell Mississippi out loud like m, i, crooked letter, crooked letter, i, crooked letter, crooked letter, i, hump back, hump back, i.  Do you ever do that?)

We are staying at LeFleurs Bluff State Park a smidge north of Jackson, MS.  What a find!!! Being over 65 our fee was only $13, unbelievable!  It is so pretty….here take a look.

CIMG5495 CIMG5498

CIMG5496

CIMG5493

 

CIMG5500

We started “happy hour” when we arrived around 2 p.m. so I was really “happy” about 4 p.m. Brought out some dips and cheese to enjoy.

CIMG5499

 

 

Love this photo of Indy and Walker waiting for Linda to come out of the rig….that’s devotion, folks.

 


I made up a nice tossed salad with shrimp that came out real nice. It sure will be great to get to Summerdale/Foley area and be able to go back to Billy’s Seafood Market in Bon Secour, Alabama. Best seafood ever!!!

Today we are off to Summerdale, AL where we will stay at Rainbow Plantation, the Escapees RV Club’s park there. We really like this park and this area…it’s one place we’ve considered when we “hang up our keys” and get off the road…many years down the road I hope.  But it is like “going home” for me when we go there.  I especially enjoy the Fairhope area, with it’s picturesque homes, lovely shoppes and boutiques and flower decoration all over town. Should give us some pretty Christmas decoration to view. Plus there are three Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives restaurants to check out.

Jim and I are still getting up way tooooo early in the morning. We haven’t broken the habit of getting up at 3 a.m. to get ready to go to work.  We are staying up later at night, but we are just getting less sleep that way. I stayed up to 10:30 last night and still woke up at 4:30 a.m.  This is getting ridiculous!

OK, I’m off to make breakfast and then pull in the slides and get ready to go….oh, yes, we have to wait for the Mossman’s to get up.

Remember, you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.