Friday, September 14, 2012

Jim Update

Since Jim is taking Percocet, he has to eat something before he can take it.  So when he woke up yesterday morning and wanted a pill I needed to come up with some food quick.  Well, Jim had his first smoothie ever.  I used milk, peach and a banana.  It did the job and soon Jim wasn’t feeling any pain. 

I enjoyed a leisurely lunch at May Wa with my bud, Salai.  We hadn’t seen each other since Salai came up to Park Creek Campground to help me out in July when Jim went on his four-wheel trip to Ouray.  We had a lot to catch up on. 

Jim began to walk the dog again some and is walking around the neighborhood also.  During the day he winces when he coughs and has been hiccupping a lot for some reason. He takes 10 seconds to sit down in a chair……gingerly easing himself down slowly.  And today he gets to remove his incision bandage and take a shower. Whooppie!!!

It’s time for me to replenish some items in my wardrobe, get the dogs’ nails clipped and go visit my girlfriend, Naomi, in the nursing home.  That’s my day’s plan….what’s on your days schedule???????

Remember, you are loved.
Read the story behind the saying HERE

5 comments:

  1. Glad Jim is healing....Sorry, about his pain level. Hugs from me & Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Mr Jim is recovering well. How did he like his first smoothie?

    My day - grocery shopping and dinner out with another couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry, Jim is a man of few words, so his comment was "not bad"! For Jim that means "it was pretty good; I'd do that again". This might be my way of sneaking in a few more fruits to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Jim we are praying for his speedy recovery... 6 beers with each pain pill is better than food ...don't ask how I know.


    Andy

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.