Saturday, January 29, 2011

Some Things I Like

I’ve already told you I’m crazy about my Kindle, so no photo of that is needed.  In addition, I subscribed FREE to Amazon Daily on my Kindle which gives me the daily deals at amazon.com and some trendy and catchy articles on fashion, good recipes and interesting blog excerpts.

kindle lending

Kindle Lending Club had its beginning only two weeks ago after  the recent announcement that you could lend some Kindle books to others.  The Club puts together folks wanting a book with those who own the book and “matches” are made.  Sure saves money on buying new books.



mega shower cleaner

 Scrubbing Bubbles Mega Shower Cleaner is wonderful and really works!!!!  You know how hard it is to get our RV shower stalls clean of water spots and soap scum.  This stuff does it quickly and easily.  You spray it on, let it sit a minute and use a wet rag to wipe it down and that’s it!!!

 

CIMG4110

CIMG4109

   I love my foldable dish drainer that 1 got from Camping World for about $ 19.  It holds all the dishes from a normal meal and it’s about 12 inches long.  Folded down it is flat and I store it in the oven.

 

Rubbermaid

Another thing I’m really fond of is my Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids storage containers.  I got the 24 piece set at Walmart for $10.  The lids all snap into each other and the containers stack inside each other and store in the cabinet very compactly. It’s stain resistant also. Pasta sauce clean up easily without any staining at all.

cutting boards

This set of 5 flexible cutting boards are a real favorite of mine. I did buy my set from amazon.com for about $15 several years ago. I like the idea of a different color for fish, poultry, beef, vegetables and miscellaneous. Solves the problem of cross contamination. And you can fold them up to transfer food to the pan.

 

 

knife

This is my “go-to” knife of choice.  I use it for everything from chopping veggies, cutting up beef for stewing to splitting up a chicken. Mine is about 10 inches long that I bought at Walmart for $13.

 

 

 

yogurt

I enjoy making my own yogurt in my Salton one quart yogurt maker. I bought mine from amazon.com years ago for $18, but don’t see it there anymore at any price. I eat yogurt with a little honey for breakfast most mornings.  Great for the digestion. I can make a quart for less than $1.

 

Just noticed most of my favorite things are centered around the kitchen…hummmm…maybe that’s why I don’t lose weight…I’m food crazy.  My friend, Nora Holmes, once told me I enjoyed food more than any person she knew; mostly because when we shared our Girls’ Weekend away I asked her where we were going to eat lunch while we were eating breakfast; and, yes, I asked about dinner choices while eating lunch!  What can I say?  I like to eat great food!  I’m so lucky hubby cooks very well.

Well, those are some of my favorites things.  What are some of yours?

Remember, you are loved.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I've been using Method Shower cleaner in our glass shower for 10 years and do not have a build up. You spray after each shower and leave--no need to wipe down. I have several favorite motorhome "toys"...my favorites are my bread maker and my steam cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, a Kindle Lending Club, Thats it, I am going to buy one! Good post on your essential rv items. Clear skies, Mark and Renita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flexible cutting boards. Used them before and they work great.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.