Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Truck Repairs

Al, the owner of Big Spruce RV Park, lent us his Mustang to take our truck to Warrenton for repairs. Man, after riding in our tall truck, driving the Mustang made me feel like I was dragging my butt on the ground…it was so low to the road.

The folks at Ocean Crest Motors were great and assured us our truck would be repaired by Wednesday afternoon.  It sure will be nice to be able to rely on our truck once again.  When you own a fifth-wheel, your truck is basically your lifeline - you can’t do anything without it.  Our Duramax has been a trouble-free workhorse up to now and we’ve been very happy with it.  Hopefully, she will be again come Wednesday.

On the drive back to Tillamook we stopped in Seaside to have breakfast at Pig ‘n Pancake , which was very good.  Afterwards we walked around the touristy downtown. Seaside reminded me Myrtle Beach with all the shops of “stuff” aimed at tourists. One place was called Carousel Mall and, yes, there was a working carousel inside with little shops all around it.  Sorry for the quality of the photo, but I left my camera in the car, so this was taken with Jim’s phone.

1024111116

We plan on moving down to Lincoln City on Thursday to join The Mossman’s at Coyote Rock RV Resort. It’s a Passport America park, which means, as members, we stay for half price.  The Mossman’s site is right on the waterway and has a beautiful view of all the boats and fishermen.  Last Sunday we were taking a drive and ended up driving to Lincoln City (60 miles) just to see The Mossman’s as it had been over 2 weeks since we’d seen them. When we stopped Jim M. was outside and I yelled out the window, “Hay Mister, do you know where I can find a Bloody Mary?”  (As you may remember, Jim M. makes me a Bloody Mary every Sunday.)  We greeted each other as if it had been months since we’d seen each other instead of only 2 weeks. It will be so nice to be traveling with them once again.

Well, friends and family, that’s about all for today. I’m off to do laundry.  I waited till it warmed up because it was 39 degrees this morning.  It definitely time to be moving south….and quick!!!

Remember, you are loved.

2 comments:

  1. I also find it extraordinary that you are in Lincoln City right now. My husband was born and raised in Oregon - try eating at Mo's crab shack in Lincoln City and have their clam chowder and fried clams!!!!! The best - Tillamook Ice Cream is a terrific topper too! LOL Enjoy.......Nanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to apologize - I posted the above before I read that you had indeed discovered Mo's earlier in your trip. Glad you had a great time! Nanna

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.