Friday, November 14, 2008

Ninja Girl



When I get ready to go to work, Jim calls me his Ninja Girl! This is my work clothes complete with sweat bandana, rubber & knit gloves and box cutter. I always wear shorts because it is so hot inside the warehouse.




It is 4:19 am and we just got home from work. It was a good night's work .... they moved me from Stowing products in bins to working in Receiving shrink wrapping undies.....hundreds and hundreds of female bikini boxer black undies!!! So if you happen to buy your undies from Amazon.com I could have packaged them :)



Pizza Hut started bringing pizza, salads, wings and desserts to the plant for sale by the slice. They do it two days and two nights a week. Pretty nice for a change from sandwiches.



Last night we met a challenge from management on the amount of pieces processed, so management barbequed hamburgers for everyone on the night shift. Pretty good, too.



This is the third night of our first week of mandatory overtime....have to work five, ten hour shifts....yes, that's 50 hours a week....but, boy, is that time and a half good for the bank account. But it is hard to get cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping done with two days off and working 50 hours a week. But we only have five more weeks to go.



I have been walking 5-7.5 miles a night while Stowing. I haven't lost alot of weight (only 3 pounds), but am dropping inches like mad. Soon I will need suspenders to keep up my elastic waist shorts. When I stretch to put product in a bin over my head, my drawers fall down....got to watch that!



Well, it is time to go to sleep ... we wake up about noon and leave for work at 4:30 pm, in which we eat a little breakfast and then cook and eat our big meal around 3 pm. Crazy hours and crazy living.



Good night/morning and remember, you are loved!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Ninja Girl - I am SO GLAD you decided to start blogging. Your posts are interesting and funny - I always look forward to catching up with you. The details of your amazon.com job are really interesting. And your pants falling off - too funny. Keep it up!

    We're grounded in Loma Linda where Odel started his treatments yesterday. We are hoping he will be done in time for us to visit with the Boomers at "Q". Guess you will be in Florida, huh?

    Hugs,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.