Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm a wimp!!!!

Yes, I am a wimp and officially know "I am old". I can't do the fifth night overtime. I was pretty OK up to "lunch" at 10 pm on Saturday shift, but after that my body started to rebel and scream. I mean really scream, "what are you doing to me, you Fool?" By 3:30 am I was really wondering if I could walk the quarter mile to the time clock to check out! My thumbs were swollen and hurt to move and had shooting pains running from my thumbs to my wrist. That scanner gets very heavy after 8-9 hours of holding it and squeezing that trigger. I cried when I got home I was so miserable.

So I am not going to work the fifth overtime night anymore - just can't do it folks. So tonight Jim cooked a wonderful roast beef, boiled potatoes and green beans for dinner at 3:00 pm and I made him a roast beef sandwich for "lunch" for tonight at 10 pm. Bill and Lesle will drive to work with Jim along so I can have the truck and I will stay home and watch "Dancing with the Stars" semi- finals and knit on my scarf!

We also received a call from Disney World and were told "thanks but no thanks". That there was a hiring freeze and there wouldn't be any more new hires for the winter season. So we don't have our job at Disney World as planned. We talked with the Geno's who are already down in Orlando area. Nancy is a returning cast member so she has hours, but her husband Chuck was going to work there the first time this year and he got the same phone call message as we did.

Now comes the choices of where to spend the winter months - will it be still Florida and stay at Escapees park at Bushnell where there will be alot of Escapee friends (we could go on a cruise from there or "vacation" at Disney World); or Escapees park in Summerdale, Alabama (where we've been before and really like the area); possibly back to Quartzsite, Arizona, where there will be lots of Boomer friends; or go somewhere new like Fulton/Rockport, Texas down on the Gulf coast? Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions. But isn't it wonderful that our home is on wheels and we can realistically go to any of those places to spend the winter in pleasant weather. Boy, do we love this rving lifestyle.

Remember - you are loved!!!

2 comments:

  1. No job pays enough to make you cry! I'm glad you made the choice to decline the vol. overtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I agree. Plus no job is worth tearing your body up for. Hugs, J&C

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.