Saturday, November 22, 2008

Getting Cold!!!

Yes, it is getting cold. In fact, yesterday morning we almost broke the all time low record.....it was 19 degrees.....and the record was 18!!!! Florida is looking better and better, I tell you. I still wear my "ninja" outfit as I usually work on the top floor of a mod and it is always warm up there. I do wear sweats over my shorts coming and going from work. And this cold weather is different from Colorado, which is dry. Here is is humid and moist and I feel cold at 40 degrees, where in Colorado I wouldn't even be wearing a jacket at 40 degrees.

Well, they called off mandatory overtime, now we can sign up for Thanksgiving Day overtime. We are considering it as the pay will be good, we already had our turkey two weeks ago, and Thursday is our normal work day.

Amazon.com provides a lot of goodies for us at work. We get free beverages like Gatorade, hot cocoa, coffee. There are ice machines and coolers to store our lunches. There are filtered, cold water stations throughout the plant and on every floor of the mods. There are several break/lunch rooms throughout the plant with machines that dispense sandwiches and even frozen meals. On Tuesday and Thursday nights Pizza Hut comes out with pizza slices for sale...which is a nice change from our nightly sandwiches.

I told Jim we needed to go out somewhere because I needed some photos for the blog and something to talk about!!! Well, not this time -- you have to be content with just me blabbling along.

Well, that's enough blabbling for today. See you next time and remember - you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.