Friday, October 24, 2014

Trip to Ikea

Finally after “forever” we were in an area that had an Ikea.  There is one in nearby Tempe so off we went.

IMG_20141023_102403_046

I’ve heard a lot about Ikea…their 99 cent breakfasts, good restaurant, taking bunches of pencils (huh???), getting lost inside cause so big and having to assemble everything.

Once inside we proceeded to the restaurant for breakfast.  Jim had the 99 cent special of scrambled eggs, sausage and potatoes that he said was very good.  I had to splurge on the thin-sliced smoked salmon plate with mixed root vegetables for $4.99.  It was delicious!!!

IMG95201410239510381695563

Everything at the restaurant was so clean, sleek and stylish.  We looked at some of the menu suggestions and the prices are very inexpensive.  When we go back we’ll have lunch so we can try the meatballs.  I also want to buy their chocolate and jam.

We walked through the enormous show floor and checked out all the mini rooms of furniture.  I was impressed.  I’ve always like Danish and Scandinavian furniture…you know, the clean sleek lines without a lot of fuss added, so Ikea style furniture fits me.  Now Jim, on the other hand, prefers the more traditional style.  We are trying to meet in the middle by going contemporary.  So many of the Ikea pieces suit us both.  I took a map and one of those cherished pencils and wrote down a few stock numbers for future use. 

Yup, it’s a big show floor.  Luckily they have arrows painted on the floor to navigate by or we’d never had gotten out of there.  At the end you go down stairs and end up on the bottom floor with huge metal racks full of flat boxes ready for you to pick out, purchased and go home to assemble.

We walked around that place for 2 1/2 hours!!!  I was ready to go home and put my feet up.  But it was a fun experience.  We’ll definitely go back when we get a condo.

Remember, you are loved.
Read the story behind this saying HERE

 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your visit to IKEA. We've been to the one in Salt Lake City and really enjoyed it. We bought some stainless steel cookware that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been in one of the stores. We'll have to check 'em out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love to go there, there is one in Orlando, and we have been there several times with my daughter and her to soon be husband,,,,,I have bought some kitchen things there, love my kitchen things,,,,,but like you we both like their furniture, and actually bought two chairs there and got rid of the chairs that came with the motor home for the dinning table!!!! love love them!!!! It is a fun place have not eaten there yet,,,,as we are always too busy looking and then cash out and forget that we had not eaten there again!!!!! Love ya and good luck on your Condo Shopping hope it all works out for you both,,,,,The Trout's

    ReplyDelete
  4. We go and get the salmon meals and the coffee is delish, we are always going for their .99 cent breakfasts, I get chocolate bars and containers for my hubs and cookies for my neighbor who loves them and doesn't get there much at all..I take with me reusable bags and they love it, the top person who started IKEA uses both sides of papers to write out his work stuff, he is frugal and lives simply and happily, the swedes have the best ideas and their kitchen implements are great and reasonably priced to boot!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.