Tuesday, October 21, 2014

New RVillage Friends

We are members of RVillage and have used it to connect to other members who might be in our area, which is why it was created. 

Through RVillage we found Pat yesterday who is staying here at Mesa Regal.  Pat is a workamper here working in the bar/restaurant by the pool. After she got off work yesterday she joined Angela, Kenny and us for happy hour.

PatTallonKenny and Angela Harper

You’ll remember I wrote about meeting blog readers, Kenny and Angela…they are staying nearby at Val Vista another Cal-Am Resort.  Both just started working for local businesses.  I’m going to wait until all three of them have a set work schedule and then I’ll set up a RVillage Get-Together and see if other members at Mesa Regal will come so we can make more friends. 

One of the difficulties of coming to a park/resort like this is meeting people.  This place is mainly park model owners and they already have their circle of friends established, so it is hard to join their circle. I’ve joined the zumba group and knitting/crochet group so I can meet more of the regulars here and maybe make friends.  I also went to the local yarn shop community knitting gathering last Friday to try and meet others. It’s an on-going venture.

Remember, you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.