Monday, September 22, 2014

Beaver Reservoir Fills-Up

Saturday when we drove to Creede to see the colors, we also drove up to Beaver Reservoir to see what progress had been made in repair/rebuilding the dam.  I’m posting some photos for those of you who are familiar with this area and are curious.

This is what we saw….real progress.  Can you see the tractor down in the bottom digging away?

DSCN4295 DSCN4297

Jim took a closer look at the edge and said he saw a lot of concrete forms so it looks like they may be putting barriers long the bottom.

Here are some more photos. The water is filling the reservoir with the part closest to the dam really filling up.  Water is accumulating about half way up the reservoir with the southern part still just a trickle.

DSCN4299 DSCN4298
DSCN4303 DSCN4300

DSCN4301

Posted signs say the project is to be finished January 2015, but it will take a whole lot longer to completely fill the reservoir and be ready for fishing.

Remember, you are loved.

3 comments:

  1. It is I Carolyn Trout,,,,love seeing the pictures from up there, and so makes we excited to get on the road late Dec to just move to go somewhere,,,,,,love seeing the country and so excited to get back up to those parts that you call home, I like it there due to not too many people, and the people are still people!!!!! So you could say that I really like where you two call home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the pics of Beaver. Was wondering how it was going up there. Spent over 20 years there fishing and loved every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comment didn't make it in here so maybe I just messed it up but wanted to say I appreciate the pics of Beaver. So nice to see what is happening. Been fishing there for over 20 years and have now missed out on a few years so I love seeing the pics. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.