Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lory

The world lost a honorable, giving and compassionate woman yesterday, with the passing of my friend, Lory.

Lory

Lory taught me everything I know about computers, encouraged me to take a PC repair course which provided me a good lively hood. Throughout the years Lory was always available to me to answer my questions and help me figure out a computer problem I had at work. 

I never heard Lory say an unkind word about anybody, ever.  Lory was the kindest and most non-judgmental person I ever met. She got along with everybody. 

Deeply religious and a strong woman of faith, Lory taught catechism for years and years.  She not only taught vacation Bible school, she even talked this non-Catholic into teaching quilting classes during VBS for several years.

When Lory was first diagnosed with breast cancer seven years ago and lost her hair, I began knitting her hats.  With the treatment she was taking she said she’d be bald for a year, so I knitted her a different hat every couple of months, especially sleep caps.  Being the generous person she was, Lory asked if she could pass on her hats to other patients at the cancer center.  So I made more.

I’m going to soooo miss my dear friend.  She taught me to be more patient with others, more forgiving to myself and more generous with everybody. 

Please join me in saying a prayer for Lory’s glorious arrival into heaven and a prayer for Lory’s family who are feeling the loss the most.

Remember, you are all loved!!!

9 comments:

  1. sorry for the loss of your friend. Have been saying prayers for her for an easy departure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences and prayers - I wish I'd known her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like she was a truly amazing person and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tribute... so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbie,
    So sorry to hear about Lory's passing but the angels are sure happy to have such a wonderful spirit with them in heaven. Hugs to you during this tough time. You were a wonderful friend to her and she to you. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear of your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've paid tribute to two beautiful women who touched your life. I am sure they felt blessed by your friendship and all that you gave to them. My deepest sympathy for your loss. Prayers your way and to Lory's family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to read about your friend's passing. I had read your earlier posting about Lory. Very sad but you shared many good times, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember hearing you talking about her,,,,so sad for your lost and it sounds like anyone who had any contact with her or knew her at all,,,,,so sorry, for your lost and her family's as well.....life is so much shorter than any of us realize, and we have to take each and every day serious and do not put off what we can do and say now......my heart goes out to you Bobbie! Do not cut yourself short my Dear, you too are a very very special person who has given so much of yourself to so many people,,,,and Jim as well, I feel so honored to have time with both of you and cannot wait till our paths are able to cross again!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.