Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Snow in May

Yes, we had snow in bunches here in South Fork, Colorado!!! There has been very little snow in these mountains this last winter, so any snow even in May is welcomed.

CIMG7432                      CIMG7433

CIMG7431

We got about 6 inches in twelve hours.  Definitely a “stay inside” kind of day.
--------------------------

I got my Ninja Master Prep Professional yesterday as a gift from my BFF, Lory, as a very early birthday gift.  Boy, was I surprised. I knew she ordered it for me with her Kohl’s account, but didn’t know it would be a gift.  Thanks again, Lory! You are the best. Can’t wait to make my energy smoothie.

Lory and I met in Del Norte at a newly discovered health food and gift shop/cafe called Organic Peddler and Peace of Art Cafe.  We had a wonderful late breakfast of Huevos Ranchero with black beans, brown rice piled on top of two wheat tortillas, smothered in meatless green chili with lettuce, tomato and avocado.  Oh, it was wonderful!!!

huevos ranchero

We had a good conversation, great coffee and meal…what could be better?

Later in the day Jim made a GREAT enchilada dinner with Mexican rice thanks to Rice-A-Roni….it was so tasty!  And a strange occurrence took place….Jim washed all the dishes!  That’s a first in 30 years of marriage…hmmmm????

Snow is all cleared off this morning and looks like it is going to be a beautiful, blue sky day.  Think I will bake today.  What are you going to do with your day?

Remember, you are loved.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you got a bigger storm than we have up here! I made your Easy Scones recipe the other day - Love them!! Thanks! You better watch Jim - He must want something!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a lot braver then us, we won't be back in Wyoming till June!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.