Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Burritos and Daiquiris

Oh, boy, was dinner good last night.  I got into one of my baking moods and made up a batch of Honey Cinnamon Bars that Jim likes so much.  Then I baked a carrot cake for dessert.  Terri and I decided we would have burritos and green chili for dinner. I cooked up some homemade pinto beans for refried beans, and Terri made her great green chili with the last of her roasted chiles from last year’s crop. Since Rich likes potato burritos, we fried up some potatoes and onions.  What a feast!!!  Everything homemade and fresh….wonderful!!!

I used my new Ninja Master Prep Professional to process the pinto beans for refried beans.  It took all of 6 seconds flat to mash up those beans with the Ninja!  I like my Ninja!!!

Before dinner I made Terri and I fresh strawberry daiquiris with the Ninja.  Those double stacked blades in the blenders sure made short work of chewing up the ice to make a tasty frozen daiquiri.  I like my Ninja!!
-----------------------------

Today we go to Creede to get our company truck from storage and pick up the large AGM batteries for the composting restrooms.  Time to start thinking about “going back to work”.  Need to prepare the campground wells for testing, then next week we’ll clean the restrooms, and rake the sites in preparation for opening May 20th.

We need a camphost for one of our campgrounds at Tucker Ponds, elevation of 9,300 feet. It’s a small campground with 12 sites. If any of our blog readers would like to get paid to stay in the mountains for the summer, on a site overlooking two rainbow trout full ponds - let me know.  Our email is chappy81101@yahoo.com

Remember, you are loved.

1 comment:

  1. You know we would take it if we could. DARN! Can't wait to get out of here. Just a few more years.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.