Saturday, October 23, 2010

In the land of “Sweetheart and Honey”

For the majority of my life I have called folks “Sweetie Pie” or “Honey”. I have been “talked” to about my the inappropriate workplace names that I used.

Haaaaa, no more!!! We are in the land of clerks, waitresses, sales folks all using the words “Sweetheart”, “Hon”, and “Darling”. So my “Sweetie Pie” and “Honey” are completely acceptable terms here in Kentucky.  I’m so happy because at my age it gets harder and harder to remember names.
------------------------------------------------------
Last week we had 73 new seasonal campers come to work so that is 73 names to memorize. We have a new group of “seasonal campers” every Monday for the next four weeks.  That’s a lot more names to memorize.

Our bodies have “hardened” pretty well. We ARE tired after ten hours of work, but at the end of the fourth day we are still not as tired as we were in Coffeyville last year.  The design of the production lines here are easier on the body…less back aches. Also there is less walking as Stowers than I did last year…different layout of the plant.

Our buddies arrived this week….Yippeeeeee!!!! So we have The Deacons, The Meyers, The Doyle's and The Mossman's.  We are all in the same campground and have enjoyed being together. Tonight Jim Mossman made a large pot of chili that we enjoyed with hot French bread.  Later on we enjoyed a campfire together.

Jim and I are changing shifts tomorrow so we only have one day off.  We went to the Huddle House for breakfast, which was very good. Then it was to Walmart, Krogers and then I had to do laundry….all that domestic stuff. I did get my hair cut with a new style which I really like….photos soon.

Well, it is almost 8 p.m. and my bedtime…..stop laughing there….we get up at 4 a.m. so have to get to bed early….but only about 38 working days to go!!!

Remember, you are loved!

1 comment:

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.