Friday, October 15, 2010

Came Home to a Friend

When we drove into Indian Ridge Campground tonight after work, we were delighted to see our Escapee friend, Marty Cassidy, parked across from us!!! Oh, it was soooooo good to see our old friend again; it’s been since January when we were all in Quartzsite, AZ, together.

CIMG5259

After a couple of drinks at happy hour Marty took us out to dinner at the Smoke Pit which I blogged about before.

 

CIMG5260

 

Marty has been waiting to get to the south to get some authentic BBQ.  I think we took care of that craving at the Smoke Pit.  Marty seemed pretty happy with their smoked ribs.  At least he was moaning a lot with his eyes closed!!!

Tomorrow morning we are having an informal morning get together with muffins and coffee cakes to meet the latest amazon.com season camper arrivals. Then we plan on driving Marty around a bit and also check out Green River Lake COE for The Mossman’s as they are thinking of staying there for a week before joining us here at Indian Ridge CG.  Then tomorrow night we have a weekly tournament of Corn Hole with the “local libation”.

Jim and I are tired tonight.  I broke my personal walking record, as I walked 18,478 steps today; that’s about 8.4 miles…as I said, it’s a new record for me.  I better start losing some weight or I’ll be upset.  Need to see some benefit from all this walking…my right thigh is tingling and going numb by the end of the day.

Remember, you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.