Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lunch with Friends-Ocala

Jim and I journeyed north to Ocala, FL about 40 miles from Bushnell, to meet friends, Sandy and Charlie Crowder. I originally met The Crowders when they took a computer class I taught at the public library in Alamosa, Colorado. Then I found out they were fulltime rvers and that cemented our friendship.



After we retired we spent our first summer camphosting at Big Meadows in Rio Grand National Forest in South Fork, Colorado. The Crowders were managers at San Luis Lakes State Park outside of Alamosa, in Mosca, Colorado. We visited back and forth for two summers, meeting for lunch in Alamosa either for Mexican at Calvillo's or Hunan's for Chinese.

The Crowders winter in Ocala and we visited them there in October 2007, so we went up to Ocala again today to have lunch with them again. We ate at El Rancho Mexican Restaurant in Bellview, Florida, outside of Ocala. Boy did we need a Mexican food hit....it has been way too long since we had our favorite Mexican food. The food at El Rancho was so good and very reasonably priced.

After lunch I stopped by Barnes and Nobel and found a wonderful new knitting book called Easy Knitted Socks by Jeanette Trotman. Oh, it is a goody, folks... very different, with leg warmers, knee high, slippers, felted boots, etc. I'm excited about it.
After chatting with our neighbors for a while we went to the clubhouse and played "Hand and Foot", which is a card game we play the ladies against the men. We played with Paul and Connie Anderson and their was another table with Joe and Marcia Jones and Molly and Bob Pinner. It was fun, fun, fun.
So now it is 11 pm and Jim is "out" and I'm watching Ace of Cakes on the Foodnetwork channel. So I guess it is time to go to bed, as we are getting up early tomorrow and going to Disney World. I am charging my camera battery and deleting any photos on it now so I am prepared for all the photos we are going to take. I am so excited as going to Epcot is on my "bucket list". I'll put lots of photos on a future post for sure.
Remember - you are loved - by ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.