Saturday, January 24, 2009

Canoe Trip

We did go to Disney World yesterday but I took 98 photos and need to edit them before I post them. I'll work on it this weekend and hopefully post about our trip Monday.

A couple of weeks ago a bunch of us got together to canoe down the Withlacoochee River about 15 minutes from the park. It was a beautiful, lazy, calming day that we all enjoyed. We saw a lot of turtles sunning themselves on tree branches submerged in the water. The cypress trees were beautifully sculptured on the banks. After our three hours of paddling and drifting down the river, we ate a late lunch at a nearby cafe.

I'm adding the photos in thumbnail size, so to see any of them better, just click on the photo and it will enlarge.

We caught Molly Pinner entering her canoe from the front and the back - very cute!
We all had a wonderful day with much laughter, good companionship and strengthening ties.
Remember - you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.