Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Leisure Day

Jim and I spent a very nice, leisure day yesterday. Started by going to Webster Flea Market for some produce. Oh we found succulent Plant City, Florida, strawberries a full pint for $1.50 or half a flat for $6 (picked the night before); seven homegrown tomatoes for $1.50; fresh picked green beans for $1 a pound; and a full pint of blueberries for $3 or 2 for $5. Fantastic prices.

Saw a ten foot long flatbed trailer full with just harvested carrots.....sold them by grocery bag full ..... walking by the smell was fantastic.

Look at the beautifual orchids I saw at a flower booth. The flowers are profuse here and so colorful. I forget that it is January because everywhere you see pansies, geraniums, roses, everything.Then we went home and I went to the daily Stitch and Discuss craft group meeting. (It's not called Stitch and Bitch because one lady last summer didn't think the use of the word Bitch was appropriate.)

I did work a little by doing laundry but I knitted during the wash cycle so it was pleasant. I'm knitting baby caps for local hospital nursery.

Later we sat outside in 75 degree weather and had happy hour with our neighbors, Dick and Carol. No, Dr. Steinberg I didn't have any liquor. I drink Spicy V-8 Juice and pretend there is a shot of vodka in it. (I can't drink anymore as I have elevated liver function.) Carol is a knitter and an accomplished quilter who specializes in quilt history and quilt documentation. We share knit and quilt books and have great conversations. Dick is a delight and he and Jim kibitz every day - all day. Dick and Carol took care of our puppies when we spent the day at DisneyWorld. They got a kick out of our pups as they are so small compared to their golden retriever.

Jim barbequed rib eye steaks (on sale for $3.99) with baked potatoe and those fresh green beans sauted in olive oil and garlic - yummooooo. Of course, we had sugured strawberries for dessert. We had the leftover steak for breakfast this morning with eggs and hashbrowns.

It was a very nice, sweet day that I am glad to share with you. Remember -you are loved.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bobbie dinner sounds so good...sorry we missed that.
    I would do Stitch and Bitch...but I can only do one thing at a time...it's either Stitching or Bitching....pick one! Too funny!
    See you at the luncheon!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.