Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Visit to Forest Service

Not much going on here. After being in Pueblo for a week I ran around yesterday doing errands, visiting Naomi, etc. We had a meeting set with the Forest Service, so about 11 am we took off and drove to Monte Vista and indulged in lunch at my most favorite restaurant in the whole world - Baldo's Mexican Restaurant. They have a small noon buffet of homemade, wonderful Mexican fare that is to die for.

It was my lucky day as they were serving menudo. This is a spicy soup made with tripe - or cow's stomach. You typically eat it with a sprinkle of oregano and cilantro, chopped onion and a squeeze of lime. Oh, goodie! Jim is not a fan, by any means, but I like it. But, again, what do you expect from someone who also likes liver and onion, or a tongue sandwich, or pickled pig's feet? It's part of my Slavic upbringing. I even liked mustard and pumpernickel bread as a child :-)

I stopped at a quilt/yarn shop while in Monte Vista and picked up a skein of sock yarn. I am really ga-ga over sock yarn lately!

We had a great meeting with our Forest Service rep - very encouraging of the year to come.

Afterwards we traveled up to South Fork and visited our friends Rich and Terry who have taken a job as campground managers for the South Fork Campground. It's a very nice 52 site park on the eastern end of South Fork. It sure was nice to see them again. We will be within 20 miles of each other this summer and intend to spend a lot of our day's off together.

Well, it's 5 am and I need to make coffee and take out the puppies, so I'll talk with you tomorrow.

Remember, you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. I remember loving liverworst with mustard and onion on pumpernickle bread as a kid. Still love it. Must be that German upbringing of mine. Susie

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.