Friday, April 17, 2009

A new type of weather

Jim greeted me this morning with "I've heard about it, but never seen it. It's snowing with thunder and lightening....go figure!" Yup, there's a couple of inches of snow on the ground and you hear the thunder crashing and see streaks of lightening. Phenomenal!

Prediction for us is 6 inches of snow. Weather forecast for Denver (250 miles north) is 12-22 inches of snow. And this is mid-April. Last year we came back to Alamosa about now with Sandy and Mike Bubar joining us a couple of days later. We were in short-sleeved shirts and were barbecuing.

We're off today for our local health fair to get our blood drawn for tests. You cannot beat this deal as for $30 you get about $600 worth of medical tests done.

I've spent the last couple of days continuing to see old friends. Yesterday was especially fun when I had lunch with my friend Nora and her granddaughter, Erika. I've known Erika for about 10 years and now she is a sophomore in college. I was so happy to see her before she goes back home to Tennessee. It was so stimulating speak with her about social and political issues. What a bright mind she has. Nora was my boss when we worked together at our local high school library and we have remained friends the last ten years. What a savvy, sharp lady she is. Nice to catch up.

I finished knitting my denim colored jacket and now I have to put all the pieces together so I can wear it while it is still cool around here.

Guess I'll come up with something warm and comforting for dinner tonight. Maybe potato soup or oyster stew. What do you think?

Remember, you are loved!!!

2 comments:

  1. Bobby. Sounds awful. We are predicted to be in the 80's here in Calif. It will bring the college kids, their inner tubes and a couple of cases of beer out. Not a pretty sight. We had that same weather in Pocatello Idaho in 2003 while Mike was in the hospital. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.