Saturday, April 11, 2009

Alamosa, CO-Day 6

Look - look - just look at what we saw from our front door this morning!
Oh, our friend, Joe will not be happy to hear about this other four-letter word that starts with an "s"!!! It is 34 degrees, but says it feels like 29. Oh, my, the ground is really covered right now with that white stuff. It's coming down in big, fluffy flakes covering the ground fast.

The weather forecast says, "Chance of snow showers in the morning. Then chance of rain showers and slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Snow accumulation around 1 inch." What a prediction. It covers everything, doesn't it? Snow, rain, and thunderstorms all in one day.

I think I'll send Jim to the market for some hamburger and beans and make chili for tonight. Sounds like we need some comfort foods for this cold weather.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday I spent the day sorting through and organizing all the paperwork for our jobs this summer. I created a bunch of new folders to use, made copies for training our camphosts and mailed necessary paperwork back to American Land & Leisure headquarters in Orem, Utah. The company is providing us an Alltel phone to use as our Verizon phone doesn't work in our campground at Big Meadows.

Even though Verizon bought out Alltel, Colorado is one of the states where Verizon will not be using Alltel towers....part of that non-exclusive coverage requirements or something. We will use a "pay as you go", no-frills Alltel cell phone.

Visited my friend, Naomi again. She is a sweetie pie and very nice. Naomi taught in grade school for 39 years. At 93 years young, she is doing pretty good at the nursing home. She is an avid reader and reads one or two books a week. Naomi taught me how to quilt so many years ago and shares my love of all crafts.

Before Jim and I went fulltime rving I made a quilt for Naomi for her bed at the nursing home. She says she loves being wrapped up in my love while she sleeps. Isn't that nice?





Today I plan on knitting most of the day and see if I can finish knitting the second sleeve for the jacket. I want to get done and on to the socks I bought yarn for the other day. Knitting socks has become an obsession with me lately. I buy all these patterns and sock books and I haven't knitted a pair yet. Ugh!!! Luckily Jim is so very tolerant and doesn't say a word about it. What a wonderful man I am married to!!!

Remember, you are loved!!!

2 comments:

  1. S***, I think we all should stay in the south, way south, until MAY 1 next year. That will be the date I use to leave South TX, or Southern FL next year.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.