Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fresh Tortilla Company

There is a new restaurant in town called the Fresh Tortilla Company. Yes, they make homemade tortillas that you can buy. There are 6" or 12" plain flour or cheese and jalapeno. I bought some plain six inchers yesterday to go with a killer green chili I had made - we had bean burritos last night.

They have this Big Ass Burrito (yes, that is how it reads on the menu). It consists of marinated steak, grilled chicken or barbacoa (a slow-cooked pork as a viewer corrected me) cilantro rice, pinto or black beans, lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa. While I was waiting to pay for my tortillas ($2.59 for a dozen 6") a man came in and says "I'll take one of your big burritos" and the owner said "oh, you want the Big Ass Burrito?". The man said "yes, I just can't say that other word in public". I laughed. Thought that was cute.

The tortillas were very good, by the way. We had breakfast burritos this morning smothered in green chili sauce.

Remember, you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. Barbacoa is slow roasted pork - glad you like the tortillas!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.