Sunday, April 26, 2009

Colorado Chapter Rally Planning

Last Friday Lesle, Bill and I went at Cracker Barrel for a breakfast meeting with Susie and Denny Orr, Escapees RV Club Chapter Directors. The Orrs were coming from The Rally in Albuquerque and brought along new Escapee members, Bill and MJ, who live in Pueblo.

Lesle, Bill, Jim and I are putting on a rally for the Colorado Chapter of Escapees RV Club, June 9-12, at the KOA-South Pueblo/Colorado City, where Lesle and Bill are working for the summer. As Chapter Directors, Susie and Denny gave us some great pointers and ideas for the rally.

We have 12 rigs signed up so far with another 8-10 requests for information. So if everyone signs up we will have a pretty big rally. Since the Colorado Chapter has been dormant for many years, it will be exciting to get it active again.

After breakfast Lesle and I had a "girls day out", inviting Bill to join us :) After an hour roaming through Barnes & Noble (our favorite place) Lesle and I walked around the mall. Lesle got another ear piercing so she could wear all the beautiful dangling earrings Bill has bought her through the years. Now she can wear her stud on top of the danglings. That's a tedding bear in Lesle's left arm which the shop provided for comfort! The garnet birthstone Lesle choose is very attractive. I neglected to take a photo of the finished affect, dang it. This photo was taken with my camera phone and then sent to my email - came out pretty good.




Jim finished the rural water certification class. He said it wasn't too bad, but the math will be a bear to accomplish. It is algebra stuff and it has been $%&*# years since Jim took an algebra class. Someone else was scheduled to take the test this year and had to resign, and the powers that be would not let Jim take the test in his stead. So he has a year to bone up before he has to take the test.

Yesterday we packed up and left Pueblo. On the way back to Alamosa we stopped by Colorado City and had breakfast with Lesle and Bill. Boy, if you are ever on I-25 in southern Colorado, take off at the Colorado City exit and go west over the overpass and eat at Max's. It was so good - people were standing in line to get in. Best breakfast burrito with green chili - yum.

We stopped in Walsenburg so I could go touch some wonderful yarn at Edla's Yarn Shoppe. I found some soft yarn for socks. I plan to go back next Saturday and spend the day knitting with the ladies.

So we are back in Alamosa at Chapman Campground by the airport. We'll be here for a week or so before we move to our summer camping job. More later.

Remember, you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bobbi! I remember that campground. We loved it there and had some great neighbors! Good Luck with your Colorado Chapter Rally-I know it will be a success. Sending Hugs to you and Jim, C&J

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.