Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Alamosa, CO-Day 3

We started out the day by going to our favorite breakfast place, Campus Cafe. It is a small place off Main Street, frequented by students of Adams State College here in Alamosa. The managers are great supporters of Adams State and especially the athletes and many of the wait staff are ASC students. Campus Cafe makes homemade cinnamon rolls and breads. Those cinnamon rolls are huge. How huge you ask? This huge.

Yup - that's one cinnamon roll with a large scoop of butter on top. It's the equivalent of about four regular sized rolls.

Jim and I had our usual Spanish omelet smothered with green chili sauce and white toast. The green chili here is made with hamburger and thickened a bit....it is so-o-o good and spicy hot. And that is toast made from their homemade bread cut thick. Here comes another yummo-o-o-o


Then it was to Walmart (the only game in town unfortunately) for staples and then to City Market for groceries (Marcia-City Market is a Kroger store and it is my favorite also). We bought huge T-Bone steaks for $4.99 a pound. After buying three of them in a family pack that is about all I can get in my freezer.

The wind is really kicking butt today - shades of The Ranch windstorms. I just checked the weather online and it says the winds are 41 MPH with gusts of 52 MPH. We be rockin and rolling! Jim had to go to Walmart to buy a rivet gun and rivets cause the wind blew down the satellite dish and broke off the arm thingy. Howie's rivets held for a long time though.

I finally got my hands on a book I've been longing to read Knit Two by Kate Jacobs. She wrote A Friday Night Knitting Club a few years ago and I have waited for the sequel with anticipation.

While at Walmart I bought some yarn to try out making socks on the Magic Loop, which is a circular knitting needle with a 40 inch cable. You can knit two socks at the same time. The yarn I bought is called Simply Soft and, get this, it is made from recycled plastic bottles! It's that wonderful? My friends Linda B. and Linda S. would be proud of my recycling commitment!

Sticking close to home last night and eating some of those tamales we bought Monday. Travel safe and remember, you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.