Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Norman, Oklahoma

We learned our buddies, The Two Lindas, were moving from Port Aransas to Norman for their next assignment.  Also some of our campers in South Fork, The Smeals, live in Norman. So we decided to make a change in our prepared route to Amarillo and detoured from Sanger, Texas, and went up I-35 to Norman for the night.

We parked at Lake Thunderbird State Park and look at the view from our back window…..

CIMG2404

We parked next to The Lindas and they came over and we got caught up on our individual activities…

CIMG2408

And then Dave and Susie arrived to chime in on things….CIMG2409

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CIMG2410

I had prepared a couple of meals before we left Betty’s to eat on the road, so I had some beef stew already made. The Smeals brought a colorful salad and an apple pie from the newly opened Sprouts grocery store.

CIMG2411

The Lindas brought over Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burgers and I added a mixed green, bean, asparagus and mushroom medley.  It was quite a feast!

 

Into the night we chatted and exchanged experiences…..

CIMG2413                             CIMG2415

Since Jim and I had gotten up unexpectantly early at 4 a.m. I threw everybody out at 8:30 p.m. because I was tired.  Yes, I know….it wasn’t very polite….but that’s how I am….at my age I can get away with being cranky that way.

Remember, you are loved.
Read the story behind the saying HERE

 

2 comments:

  1. What a great surprise to have you spend the night next to us...great fun catching up with Dave and Susie. We'll see you next in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a lot of fun last night and the food was wonderful. Thank you for your hospitality! Cranky or not we love you and Jim. Looking forward to spending some time with The Lindas. See ya down the road! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.