Friday, February 18, 2011

Got a Tattoo

Yes, I finally got my tattoo!!! But first, the sequence of events.  It started off with Terri, Linda and I going into town for beignets at Comeaux’s (pronounced Como) which is downtown and a local favorite. They were wonderful…reminded me of sopapillas.

Beignets (1) Beignets (2)
Beignets (3) CIMG6155
Local hotel..very pretty

We had time to kill before the tattoo place opened up so we looked around The Depot, Abbeville’s original train depot that is now a cute gift store featuring local artists and products.

Abbeville Depot Abbeville Depot (2)
Tattoos (11)

Then it was time to do the deed and we were off to Crazy Cajun Tattoos, to “get pricked by a pro”

Tattoos (2)

This was “suppose” to be a field trip to just check out the place and get prices.  Here the gals sorted through the tattoo samples.  I used the store’s computer to try and find a cartoon of a fifth-wheel to use to get a price. 

Bryan said “who’s first?” and before I knew it we stopped getting prices and started getting tattoos!

Terri was the first to go…before she lost her nerve…she was really anxious.

Tattoos (3)
Checking out things
Tattoos (4)


The goddess poise
Tattoos (5)
Carbon outline
Tattoos (6)
Doing the deed
Tattoos (7)
Hiding the pain
Tattoos (8)
Showing the pain
Tattoos (9)
Outline done
Tattoos (10)
Colored in and finished-very pretty!

Then it was my time …. oh, after thinking about this for four years I was actually going to do this.

Tattoos (12)
“I want it there”
Tattoos (13)
Carbon copy going on
Tattoos (14)
Outlining

Tattoos (16)
I’m a wuss but it hurt
Tattoos (15)
Finally outline done
Tattoos (17)
Now the color fill-in that was less painful
Tattoos (18)
Finished up
WeBeGo

My tattoo done

I had this tattoo planned since we decided to go fulltime RVing back in 2006. Here’s the back story to my tattoo. When our kids were small and we would be getting ready to go camping, the girls would get all excited and squeal “we be go, Mommy, we be go!!!”.  So that is what I put under the tattoo of a fifth-wheel.  It’s kind of our traveling motto now…”we be go”

So now it is The Princess’s turn.  Linda has four tattoos already and said “it’s no big deal…only pinches a bit”.  Well, by then we knew she lied…either that or Terri and I are really wimps. Here is Linda getting her tattoo, all confident and non-challant.

Tattoos (20)
No sweat folks
Tattoos (22)
but I caught a grimace
Tattoos (23)
all done
Tattoos (24)
Her zodiac sign, Capricorn

Bryan did a wonderful job on all our tattoos.  He is funny, delightfully and teased us unmercifully…we had a great time. Bryan was very professional as he tattooed us and he certainly knows his business and does it well.  Any RVers coming to Betty’s RV Park who have been thinking of getting a tattoo, I’d highly recommend Crazy Cajun Tattoos, 2154 Charity St, Abbeville.

Tattoos (25)

When we got back to the RV park we took a photo of all the tats together.

Tattoos (1)

We sure created a lot of conversation at happy hour with the “ohs and ahs” as folks checked out the tats…I don’t think most folks thought we’d actually go through with it…but we did, but never again for me!!!

Remember, you are loved!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, that did it ! You guys are having just waaaay too much fun !
    By now we have figgured out the sequence of events. For example the gal's get teal dyed, then the guy's get teal DYED. So, now, the gals tatooed, when do the guy's go to the tattoo shop ? I'll bet Jim C. gets a large shoulder to shoulder Maltese Cross on his back, Jim M. a football themed full sleve on his right arm and Rich a chest wide rocker that says "Live to Ride" !
    Betty and I are conjuring up all kinds of wild scenarios for the Mardi Gras Grand Finalle ! We just can hardly wait for the next blog postings !

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.