Monday, June 14, 2010

Cooking, Kids and Ride

The other day I received the latest issue of Taste of Home with a recipe for flour tortillas.  It sounded so easy I figure I would try it.

Wow, what a great recipe. The tortillas were chewy but very tender and didn’t take any time at all to make. Here is the link to the recipe http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Homemade-Tortillas

I mixed up flour, salt, water and oil then roll out the individual tortillas and brown/fried them in a cast iron pan…delicious.  I don’t think I’ll be buying flour tortillas again.

Oh, here is a recent photo of our great-granddaughter, Amity.  This is her first activity walker and her feet barely touch the floor….too cute.

Amity Jun2010

We finally got a little rain yesterday so the dusty roads are a little calmed down now.  We had six campers last night so hopefully the camping season is beginning. 

Ride the Rockies starts today.  It is a 532 mile, week long bike ride through scenic Colorado.  There are 2,000 cyclists assisted by 100 helpers.  This year they are riding from Grand Junction to Salida passing through Pagosa Springs towards Alamosa and will pass right by our campground!!! 

I know one of the riders, Judy Egbert, who is the City Clerk of Alamosa.  I plan on staking out a spot on the highway for the day and cheer on the bikers as they ride by and taking a lot of photos that I will share with you next week.

Remember, you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.