Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bobbie’s Day Out

Love my hubby, but it was time to go to the “big city” by myself and hang with another female.  So I left at 7:25 a.m. and didn’t get back to 4:30 p.m.

Stopped and got my hair cut in a new “do” which I really like.  Then an hour at Wally’s to get the monthly essentials.  Then stopped at the nursing home to see my girlfriend, Naomi.  After that it was lunch with my best friend, Salai.  Then back to Walmart to buy bras for Naomi; bring them to her at the nursing home…..then finally drive back to the serenity and calm of the mountains. 

Alamosa only has a population of 9,000 but it is too big for me now…getting old as I miss the Alamosa of 25 years ago when we only had 2 stop lights and if you met another car at an intersection we called it a “traffic jam”!!!

But I had a good time shopping by myself, looking at slow cookers, summer blouses, new dish designs….just browsing like I don’t do when Jim is with me.  It was fun and refreshed my spirits.  so I am good for another month.

Remember you are loved.

1 comment:

  1. "Just browsing like I don't do when Jim is with me." Isn't that the truth? I don't know why, exactly, but I need a day or two a month just to move at my own pace through shops, even mundane ones like the grocery store or Target. I don't necessarily want to buy anything, just reconnect to that "consumer" lifestyle! :) Sometimes I spend 45 minutes in Target, sometimes 2 hours... but it is on MY schedule, now someone elses, with no questions to answer, like "why are you looking at crockpots when we already have one?" :) Sounds like you had a very enjoyable day, Bobbie.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.