Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Quilt for the Great-granddaughter

Jim had to drive 75 to Comstock and Rock Creek Campgrounds to clean them, so he was gone for 6-7 hours. So I figured I'd have time to make the top to a baby quilt for our "yet to-be-born" great-granddaughter scheduled to make her appearance in November. Last week I had stopped at my local quilt shop, Gray Goose, and bought the necessary fabric. So I set up the kitchen area of our rig into a "quilt room" and got started.


The back counter becomes the ironing board with the island becoming the cutting board.

The sewing machine sits on the dining room table and I hang a piece of flannel in the cabinet doors above the couch to hold the pieces of cut fabric.


I put on NPR on our XM radio and listened to some very interesting news shows while I sewed and in about five hours I had a quilt top finished and ready to be "sandwiched" and quilted.

The actual quilting of a quilt takes up some room, so I'll wait till I can go back to Gray Goose and use one of their large tables to spread out in. One time I put a tablecloth on a picnic table in a campground and used an extension cord to use my sewing machine and I sewed outside - got a heck of a sunburn on my neck also!

Well, Jim has returned and is finishing up cooking beef enchiladas for dinner, so I best go and get ready to eat.

Remember, you are loved!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Bobbie,

    The quilt is beautiful. You have the patience of Job. Your Great-Grand-Daughter will love her "blanky"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visibility of So Fork says 1 mile. Is that because of a forest fire nearby or is it because when where you are one can't see the forest for the trees?

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.